Yes, you got that right. Now you can take a road trip outing to the universally adored Asian holiday spot -Thailand. This has been possible by the development of the Trilateral Highway, a 3200 km stretch which will be completed by the year 2016. The highway is a connector between India, Myanmar and Thailand and all the enchantment of these three nations will stay at your disposal as you drive down. So, what are you waiting for? Pack your beachwear as well as sunscreen and go on a definitive road journey to Thailand.
THE UPLIFTING NEWS:
There is a trilateral roadway starting from Moreh in Manipur, India to Mae Sot in Thailand and is relied upon to be finished by 2016. Envision the sheer bliss you will feel while driving or riding past the jade fields and slopes of Myanmar, the rich society breezing by crossing Mandalay and Myawaddy before you advance toward Thailand and her otherworldly excellence!
Here are a couple of facts that would design you up for the one week (around) drive to Thailand from India:
WHERE DOES IT START?
The interstate basically starts from Moreh, it is a border-town arranged in Manipur. When you leave Moreh, you’ve entered Myanmar and your international vacation begins. Called as the India-Myanmar-Thailand Trilateral Highway, this trip will start from Moreh in Manipur, India.
DISTANCE BETWEEN INDIA AND THAILAND:
The distance between India and Thailand is 3,200 KM.
WHERE THE HIGHWAY FINISHES?
Mae Sot, Thailand.
BEST TIME TO TRAVEL:
November – February. You can go on a road trip at whatever point your heart wishes. That is the magnificence of it. Be that as it may, remembering the length of the trip, November to February is the best period to take off. The climate stays charming amid these months and you can take off and hold your windows down without being impacted in the face by hot air.
FOR VISA ON ENTRY: (DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR NON-INDIANS)
- Travel document or Passport with legitimacy at the very least 6 months.
- Visa application form totally filled up.
- A recent photo (4×6 cm).
- Myanmar Kyat currency for paying fines, toll charges and so on. 1 MMK is about 0.05 INR, so make it a point that you have enough money for the trip ahead. There are ATMs in towns like Yangon as well as Bagan.
A proof of satisfactory finance. (10,000 Baht for every individual and 20,000 Baht for each family)
DOCUMENTS FOR INDIAN CITIZENS TO CARRY:
- Passport, with no less than 6 months legitimacy, from the date of landing.
- One application form.
- Two photographs in color. (35mm x 45mm), not more old than 3 months, clicked against a white background.
- Photocopy of Credit Card with unique financial records of the previous 6 months.
- Previous 6 months bank statement with bank seal and a base equalization of INR 20,000/person.
Make it a point that you carry a Visa or a MasterCard as the nation now has an expansive gathering of ATMs in specific towns, in this manner you need not stress over conveying a great deal of Myanmar Kyat in your wallet while crossing the borders.
- Just before entering Myanmar, be sure that you have applied for a visa on entry by downloading the online structure. An orderly rule has been given by the Myanmar Visa authorities.
- Passport holders of India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Iraq, Syria, Iran, Lebanon, Sudan, Libya, Algeria, Yemen, Egypt and Palestinian States should document for an application at the Thai Embassy, where they have their permanent living residence. (Home Nation).
TRANSPORTATION DOCUMENTS: INTERNATIONAL DRIVING PERMIT:
An International Driving Permit (IDP) is perceived worldwide as an important and crucial document recognizing drivers as lawfully authorized drivers, in the nation they are voyaging. The International driving Permit (IDP) is perceived in numerous nations, some of them being Myanmar and Thailand and IDP could encourage accommodation when leasing a car in your nation also.
- If you are in Thailand on a vacation, you won’t get a Thai driver’s permit, so your Indian permit will do, the length of it is substantial. Be that as it may, it is important to keep up an International Driver’s Permit with you so as to stay away from any lawful bother with the cops in Thailand.
- For Myanmar, the highway does not require an IDP from Indian citizens, on the other hand it is better that you have your International license so as to stay away from any circumstance with the Myanmar powers or political groups. Try carrying your Indian driver’s permit too, since the grant won’t be held legitimate without a permit.
DIFFERENT THINGS TO CARRY:
- Driver’s permit: Make sure you carry your driver’s permit as you would require to show it to authorities at each check point.
- Vehicle Documents: For the individual’s who have leased a vehicle from India, make it a point that you have the rental agreement forms with you on your way as verification of ownership of the car. Convey photocopies of your driver’s permit and passport with originals of the car’s papers incorporating it’s enlistment and legitimate papers.
- Travel Insurance: Make it a point that you have travel insurance with you while driving from Myanmar to Thailand by means of India. There ought to be no stone left unturned on your trek and travel protection can help and secure you in flighty and unanticipated circumstances.
- Prescribed medicines: Make it a point that you have taken vaccinations to shield yourself from sicknesses like Malaria or Yellow Fever that are pervasive in certain forested locales of Thailand.
- Guidebooks for both nations: keeping in mind the end goal to talk with local people or know the spots that you would need to visit, it is prudent to convey a manual that will help you around.
Moreh – Tamu – Mandalay – Myawwady – Mae Sot Tak.
- Asian Superhighway (AH1) route:
Conflicting with Modi Government’s Act East policy crusade, the AH1 road will be connected with Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam by around March 2016. Available for cities like, Moreh, Kohima, Imphal, Nagaon, Dimapur, Jorabat (Guwahati), Shillong, Dhaka, Sylhet, Kanpur, Kolkata as well as New Delhi.
- Asian Superhighway 2 (AH2) route:
Open for cities like, Moreh, Imphal, Dimapur, Kohima, Nagaon, Shillong, Dawki, Kakarbhitta and also New Delhi.
LEASING A CAR/BIKE FROM INDIA:
For the individuals who wish to drive cars/bikes from their beginning point on their own vehicles or drive down from their place of stay need not stress over this. This is for the individuals who are inclined toward leasing out cars or bikes from a city or town nearest to the Asian Superhighway. The people taking flights and arriving in the city of Guwahati, (we suggest you do) can lease from the car rentals that are surely known and established there.
SECURITY MEASURES TO CONSIDER WHILE DRIVING DOWN:
Thailand and Myanmar are two amazingly excellent nations with stunning scenes and that can fill pages of your travel journals. On the other hand, while this road outing is truly giving you that rare chance to cross two nations, you should remember the political, religious, and legitimate positions that the nations follow, so that you are never helpless before authorities who could hook you with superfluous principle breaking cases.
Make sure that you make note of the accompanying set of rules to have a smooth drive to your destination:
Make sure that you have enough free money with you on your trip, whether it is Myanmar Kyat, Thai Baht, USD or the Indian Rupee.
- TELEPHONE NUMBERS:
Write down telephone numbers from your mobile phone if there should be an occurrence of battery dying or lack of network. There will be payphones that you can use in an adjacent town and you should do nothing more than request help. Local people are cordial and most of them communicate in English.
- ALERT AUTHORITIES:
Make sure that you alert Myanmar authorities a month ahead of time before your outing starts.
- ROUTE MAP:
Make it a point to have a route map with you beyond, which has highlighted the better places you can make a trip for a day or two before you proceed with the adventure ahead.
- A MINIMUM OF 4 INDIVIDUALS:
While driving down to Myanmar from India through the Super expressway, ensure you are going in a gathering of least four individuals, as this is the law in the nation.
- CONTACT INFORMATION:
Make it certain to have contact numbers of travel authorities or travel organizations ready, in the event that you have to make a couple of calls for needing assistance.
It would be astute to keep a photocopy of your identification, your driver’s permit, your PAN card to show authorities at any given check post.
- POLITICAL SITUATION:
Make it certain that you know the political circumstance of Myanmar before you arrange your excursion there. The circumstance is really steady at this time, however there are mobs or strikes that occur pretty frequently and because of this, there will be huge security.
FEW SIGHTS YOU CAN SEE AROUND IN MANIPUR:
Since the expressway starts from Moreh in Manipur, why not take in the wonderful sights around the spot to start your excursion to Thailand on a wanderlust note! Here are few astonishing spots in Manipur you can visit amid your road outing to Thailand:
This is an amazing spot for the individuals who love sanctuaries and ancient building design. You can see and investigate colorful sanctuaries, for example, Jorebangla Temple, Pancha Ratna Temple, Dal Madol, Radha Shyam Temple and Shyamraj Temple among others.
A visual pleasure, Ukhrul is an area strewn with magnificent valleys, waterfalls, and streams. A fantasy made valid by Mother Nature, you can visit the Khayang Peak, Shirui Kashung Peak, Kachouphung Lake, Khangkhui Cave, Hundung Mangva Cave, Nillai Tea Estate, and Ango Ching on your street trek pit stop here.
Known as the entryway to Myanmar, this area is rich in vegetation and is an immaculate treat for the picture taker in you! Near Moreh, you can visit the Yangoupokpi-Lokchao Wildlife Sanctuary and find numerous remarkable types of untamed life while you arrive.
Amid your long road trip, you will be investing the majority of your energy driving past the rich foliage and tranquil roads of Myanmar. Saturated with culture and legacy that gloats of a touch of the all-powerful himself. Myanmar is home to a percentage of the world’s most untouched and excellent temples. While on your street outing, make it a point that you visit the celebrated and stunning remnants of Bagan, which is situated close Mandalay. Walk around the sweet-smelling boulevards of Nyaung U Market. Take a look into the biggest book on the planet when you visit the Kuthodaw Pagoda in Mandalay. The golden temples, the emerald fields and the purplish blue skies make for a progression of hues that make you feel like sovereignty.
The one spot on each explorers bucket list, Thailand is the nation you have to set out to toward a moderate yet extravagance induced vacation. A locale blending with great road life, old striking relics of the past and shorelines that have spellbound voyagers into a stupor where they never needed to clear out. On your landing in Mae Sot, you can visit the energizing bazaar life and advance toward the all the more intriguing spots like Bangkok, Phi Islands or Pattaya. Visit the Wat Phra Kaew, The Grand Palace, Railay Beach, and Sanctuary of Truth among numerous others to make your ideal street trip worth recollecting. Visit the immaculate white, amazing sanctuary of Wat Rong Khun and investigate the novel untamed life in and around distinctive zoos and stores too.
CAMBODIA AND VIETNAM:
While the Asian Superhighway is limited to Thailand for the present, the authorities are talking about to extend the thruway from Thailand to Cambodia and Ho Chi Minh City in Vietnam. The two nations are surely understood for the wonderful dusks, scenes and structures of memorable importance. On the off chance that you plan to visit these nations, you will treasure each second spent there! Cambodia is home to the world well known sanctuary of Angkor Wat and Angkor Thom. You will get an opportunity to see the Cu Chi Tunnels in Vietnam and visit the structures that gloat of being survivors amid the loathsome World War.
The big road ahead makes you need to discard any guide and simply begin your motors! So why hold up any more? Keep your TVs tuned in for the news of the interstate opening and get your voyaging boots prepared! Your cameras are charged, your packs are scarcely zoomed to the full, your international ID is cleaned and your craving for something new is prepared to go investigate the street to Thailand from your own sweet home.